If a swimmer in any program needs to change his or her practice schedule (date and/or time), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that the new day and time is available. We must receive all schedule change requests in email form in order to be processed.Email the Schedules Department
When it comes to winter weather or other extreme conditions (such as high winds and/or thunderstorms) it is important to note the following:
- Our Quince Orchard location closes only under extreme snow or wind conditions, and we do not cancel practices or lessons according to Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
- Our Georgetown Prep location usually closes when MCPS cancels school and/or extracurricular activities due to winter weather. At the same time, the pool does not follow the MCPS holiday closure schedule.
If there is any doubt about cancellation at a particular location, we will make every effort to post this information on the home page of the website and/or send out a mass email. Please do not call the pools directly, as they will not have this information. You may call the JFD swimmers hotline at 301-916-1852 ext 4
All invoices are sent via email – please make sure your email address is current with email@example.com.
All payments should be made by check or credit card and mailed to the office. Please make checks payable to Joe Flaherty’s Dolphins (or JFD). Please note we charge 4% for credit card processing.
If you are not current with your account, you will be notified. Without receiving any response or payment from the notifications, your child may not continue swimming until action is taken on your part.
Should you choose to pay by check, please help us to avoid confusion by clearly indicating who and what any check is for, with extra care when the last name on the check is different from the swimmer’s name. Please note that a $25 fee will be charged for returned checks, and that coaches cannot accept payments of any kind.
There is a $50 fee to use the Payment Plan, along with a $25 fee for each Late Payment.
- Please do not expect a coach to take your child to the locker room for any reason, this is against JFD policy. If your child needs help in the restroom a parent or child care provider will need to be on the deck at all times
- JFD coaches babysitting for swimmers is frowned upon and could result in the coach losing their coaching position.
- Please report any suspicious behavior ASAP to a JFD supervisor, Joe Flaherty, or Shannon English.
- Please use caution when going through the revolving door to the QO bubble.
- Please use caution in the parking lots as cars are always going in and out.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, feel free to contact our office staff.