The front desk and lifeguard staff at the facilities we rent have very little knowledge about our programs and schedule. Please click on the links below to email us directly.
Since JFD still incurs the expenses for a practice (even when a swimmer misses), there are no refunds for classes missed and they are non-transferable. We will allow make-ups (for team, progressive team and clinic) during bonus practices only. Bonus practices are scheduled on MCPS days off including winter and spring break.
When scheduling a bonus practice make-up, please do so at least 48 business hours in advance. Please be aware that our office staff is only in the office Monday-Friday 9-3 and all make ups need to be received during that time. Although we try to be flexible, it is extremely difficult to schedule a bonus practice make-up with less than 48 hours’ notice. You must miss the class first, then request a make-up – please do not request a make-up before you miss a class. All bonus practice make ups provided are based on a first come first serve basis. We cannot reschedule scheduled make ups, and cannot rescheduled missed make ups.
Should you decide to leave the program, all make ups will be forfeited. Likewise, if you drop a day, you cannot continue to swim on that day for make ups.
Please email email@example.com with the following information (preferably in this order). Make up requests are only accepted via email and are taken in the order they are received. Including the following information in your email will enable office staff to reschedule your session as efficiently as possible:
- Date and time of requested make-up
- Date and time of missed class
- Category (lessons, stroke clinic, team)
- Name (first and last)
- Phone/email contact information
- Usual coach
Once we receive your request through firstname.lastname@example.org , you will receive a confirmation from the JFD office. Please note that if you do not include this information, we will have to contact you for clarification, and your request will be delayed.
If a swimmer in any program needs to change his or her practice schedule (date and/or time), please contact email@example.com to verify that the new day and time is available. We must receive all schedule change requests in email form in order to be processed.Email the Schedules Department
When it comes to winter weather or other extreme conditions (such as high winds and/or thunderstorms) it is important to note the following:
- Our Quince Orchard location closes only under extreme snow or wind conditions, and we do not cancel practices or lessons according to Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
- Our Georgetown Prep location usually closes when MCPS cancels school and/or extracurricular activities due to winter weather. At the same time, the pool does not follow the MCPS holiday closure schedule.
If there is any doubt about cancellation at a particular location, we will make every effort to post this information on the home page of the website and/or send out a mass email. Please do not call the pools directly, as they will not have this information. You may call the JFD swimmers hotline at 301-916-1852 ext 205
We don’t hold regular practices during MCPS winter and spring breaks, and swimmers are not charged for these weeks. Instead, we offer bonus practices.
This program provides each family with maximum flexibility in what can be a very busy time. It also represents a chance for extra concentration on swimming. When bonus practices are offered, it is crucial that we know who is coming in advance. We are required to separately contract for pool lanes and coaches, and as you can imagine, walk-ins can upset the coach-swimmer ratio and create an unnecessarily crowded situation. Therefore, walk on swimmers for bonus practices will not be accepted.
When there is no school for MCPS students, we hold our usual schedule, and all swimmers are expected to come at their normal time. Swimmers who are not normally scheduled on these days may pay to come to an additional practice, or to a bonus practice in the morning. Swimmers may come earlier or later than usual if they email firstname.lastname@example.org and clear it 48 hours in advance. If a swimmer signs up and misses a bonus practice, he or she is still obligated to pay for the practice, but will be entitled to a make-up at a future bonus practice. In the unlikely event of a bonus practice being cancelled, all registered swimmers will be notified in advance.Email the Schedules Department
All payments should be made by check or credit card and mailed to the office. Please make checks payable to Joe Flaherty’s Dolphins LLC(or JFD LLC). Please note we charge 4% for credit card processing.
Should you choose to pay by check, please help us to avoid confusion by clearly indicating who and what any check is for, with extra care when the last name on the check is different from the swimmer’s name. Please note that a $25 fee will be charged for returned checks, and that coaches cannot accept payments of any kind.
Should you choose to drop out for any reason, we will cheerfully refund the pro-rated fees from 2 weeks after written notice received. Please see our 2 requirements for this 2 week cancellation policy:
- First, we require a written note expressing your concerns or reasons be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to the JFD office.
- Second, JFD would like to ensure that your swimmer end his or her time with us on a positive note. After we are notified of your intent to withdraw, we will provide a two week period during which we will make adjustments for your child, and will present him or her with an awards certificate.
- Please do not expect a coach to take your child to the locker room for any reason, this is against JFD policy. If your child needs help in the restroom a parent or child care provider will need to be on the deck at all times
- JFD coaches babysitting for swimmers is frowned upon and could result in the coach losing their coaching position.
- Please report any suspicious behavior ASAP to a JFD supervisor, Joe Flaherty, or Shannon English.
- Please use caution when going through the revolving door to the QO bubble.
- Please use caution in the parking lots as cars are always going in and out.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, feel free to contact our office staff.